Andrew Brodkin to present at drug patents conference
|Area||Litigation, Intellectual Property|
2:00 Are the Courts Too Eager to Invalidate Patents?
Speaker: Andrew Brodkin, Goodmans LLP
Andrew's presentation will cover:
- Is there a different burden in pharma cases v. non-pharma cases?
- Does the inability to appeal many pharma cases distort the jurisprudence?
- Does the “preliminary” nature of s. 55.2 Proceedings encourage judges to err on the side of permitting the generic to come to market?
- Will the court in a full infringement proceeding truly consider the case de novo ?
- Review of the score card to date
Insight Information's 5th Annual Drug Patents Conference
February 27 - 28, 2006
St. Andrew's Club and Conference Centre, Toronto