Brian Empey at The Canadian Institute
|Area||Corporate Restructuring, White Collar Risk Management and Investigations|
Thursday, October 12, 2006
10:30 Managing the New Changes and Challenges of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code to Effectively Advise Your Cross-Border Clients
Speaker: Brian Empey, Goodmans LLP
This session will cover:
- Small changes, big impact: new fixed deadlines for exclusivity and lease assumption/rejection
- Understanding amendments to professional retention and compensation rules
- How does the new legislation impact key employee retention plans (KERPs)?
- What are the new rules for preference and fraudulent transfer actions?
- What you need to know for the recognition of foreign insolvency proceedings under the new Chapter 15
- Comity recognition of foreign statutory provisions and orders without a bankruptcy proceeding
The Canadian Institute: Advanced Insolvency Law & Practice
Effectively Managing the Evolving Insolvency Challenges
Thursday, October 12, 2006 to Friday, October 13, 2006
Telus Convention Centre, Calgary, Alberta, Canada