Canadian Institute presents Advanced Forum on Turnarounds
Tuesday, September 28, 2004
11:45: Cross-Border Turnarounds: How Do You Deal With the Different Regimes and Rules?
Speaker: Joseph Pasquariello, Goodmans LLP
Companies that operate across the border face the prospect of deciding on which side of the border to initiate proceedings or whether to commence concurrent proceedings. The legal regimes in each jurisdiction have their own rules and procedures. In this informative session learn about the key jurisdictional differences in the regimes and the practical information you need to know to protect your assets while you keep the business operating including:
- Should you initiate parallel proceedings or ancillary proceedings?
- How do you choose the jurisdiction for filing?
- What is the protocol governing dual proceedings
- What are the key substantive/procedural differences?
- What are the key cultural differences?
- How do you use a CRO effectively in a U.S./Canada turnaround?
Canadian Institute presents Advanced Forum on Turnarounds: Challenges - Stakeholders - Strategies
September 27 - 28, 2004
Four Seasons Hotel