David Conklin at The Canadian Institute's Forum on Securities Litigation & Enforcement
Key Strategies for Managing Litigation in a Post-Recessionary Global Marketplace
October 19 - 20, 2010
Marriott Bloor Yorkville
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
3:45 pm: Valuing the Ultimate Recovery in Securities Litigation: Valuation, Damages and Loss Causation
Panelist: David Conklin, Counsel, Goodmans LLP
The session will cover:
- Reviewing recent litigation commenting on valuations
- What do these cases mean for the industry?
- Are securities class actions effective at promoting better governance practices, efficient markets and compensating investors?
- Quantifying the amount of harm to investors
- Negotiating resolutions: Key considerations pre and post-certification in class actions
- Reviewing recent approaches to valuation: Is there a focus on the merit based approach or policy limits?