David Zitzerman at the BNA/ATLAS 11th Annual New York International Film & TV Finance Summit
September 22 - 23, 2011
Co-Chair: David Zitzerman, Partner, Goodmans LLP
11:15 am: International Film Production Incentives – What’s Available outside the US in the way of “soft-money” – New developments in Canada, Europe, Latin America, Asia Pacific and Emerging Markets
This session will cover:
- Which countries are offering the most competitive financial incentives
- How do you go about applying for the credits?
- What do you have to set up to qualify?
- Must the film be done as a co-production
- What percentage of production spend is available as a credit?
- How do you monetize international tax credits
- How and when to do you get the money?
- How do you deal with currency risks
- Need to satisfy certain EU or national requirements as to nationality of director/producer, etc.
- Is there a cultural test? Any PE tax risk or currency risks?