Goodmans Presents: Building Confidence in Canadian Capital Markets
Wednesday, December 5th
7:30 - 8:00am
8:00 - 9:30am
Moderator: Kari MacKay, Partner, Goodmans LLP
- Deanna Dobrowsky, Vice President, Market Regulation Policy, IIROC
- Eleanor Fritz, Director, Compliance & Disclosure, Toronto Stock Exchange
- Monica Kowal, General Counsel, Ontario Securities Commission
- Julie K. Shin, Director, Listed Issuer Services, Toronto Stock Exchange
Risk-based approach to compliance
Consultative approach to regulation
Enhanced suitability for dealer registration
- CSA Adopts "Notice-and-Access" Rules and other Amendments to Improve Issuer Communications with Investors
- OSC Releases Guidelines for Companies Operating in Emerging Markets
- TSX Announces New Director Voting Requirements
This session is the second in our Women in Law: Leading the Way series.
Susan Wolburgh Jenah, CEO, Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC) will set the stage for the panel discussion in an informal dialogue highlighting emerging trends and themes in the regulatory environment.
Our panel will then discuss recent regulatory initiatives in Canadian capital markets, including:
The panel will touch on the Emerging Markets Review, the Maple bid and the impact of the MF Global, Peregrine Financial and Sino-Forest insolvencies.
For your reference, we attach the speakers biographies and links to three recent articles that may be of interest to you: