Goodmans Presents: IP and Competition Law - Strategies to Minimize Risk and Maximize Opportunity
|Lawyer||Ben Hackett, Justine Johnston, Jordan D. Scopa|
|Area||Intellectual Property , Competition, Antitrust and Foreign Investment|
Intellectual property rights are essential to business, both offensively in growing market share and defensively in protecting against competition. This interplay between IP and competition requires detailed planning and knowing the rules so as to target strategic opportunities and maximize corporate value.
Join our panel to learn about cutting edge IP and competition law strategies that businesses can employ to minimize risks and maximize opportunities around IP, including:
- How has IP law’s approach to non-infringing alternatives changed, and how to adapt your business to the altered legal landscape?
- How does licensing your IP impact your potential remedies for infringement of your IP rights, and how to avoid compromising the value of your IP?
- How does competition law approach the enforcement of IP rights, and how to plan effectively for this dynamic?
- What is the interplay between IP law and competition law remedies?
Original Program Date:
Wednesday, September 26, 2019
1.5 Substantive Hours
For more information, email CPD@goodmans.ca or contacts Sandra Montanino at 416.597.4156
For Members of the Ontario Bar:
Viewing archived webcasts, video replays, or other recorded program formats without a colleague is eligible towards the LSO's annual CPD requirement for up to 6 hours per calendar year. You are not subject to the 6 hour cap if you view it with a colleague. This Goodmans Presents archive can be counted toward your CPD Hours.
To report watching this archived recording in your LSO Portal:
1. Log in to the LSO Portal, and click on "CPD" from the left hand navigation menu.
2. Click on the "Add" button found just below your summary of hours in the Details section.
3. Activity Type: Select "CPD Program or Course" from the drop down menu.
4. Fill in the fields as follows:
Area of Law: Intellectual Property
Program Name: IP and Competition Law - Strategies to Minimize Risk and Maximize Opportunity
Provider: Goodmans LLP
Start and End Date: [Insert Date Viewed]
- Substantive Hours: 1
- Substantive Minutes: 30
- Professionalism Hours: 0
- Professionalism Minutes: 0
- EDI Hours: 0
- EDI Minutes: 0
Other Information: Solo viewing of archived program moderated by J. Scopa of Goodmans LLP with A. Harington of Brattle Group and B. Hackett and J. Johnston of Goodmans LLP on the panel discussing IP and competition law issues [Insert Time Viewed].
5. Click “Submit” and confirm “Yes” to the entry.
When you select "CPD" from the left hand column, you will see the program in your list of CPD activities and the time will be entered against your substantive hours requirement.
For your reference, the LSO Record Keeping Standards can be found here.