Goodmans Presents: Recent Developments in Canadian Procurement Law and Practice
|Lawyer||Ira Berg, Richard Corley, Julie Rosenthal|
Goodmans LLP invites you to join us for an engaging discussion of recent developments and trends in procurement law. The Canadian Free Trade Agreement (and other trade agreements) are tightening the public sector procurement rules and are creating new opportunities to challenge awards. Fairness principles would appear to mandate greater formality (including the use of a tender bid process), while the procurement of technology solutions demands the use of a more rapid and flexible process. How best to proceed in the face of these conflicting pressures?
To address this question our panel of experts will discuss the various aspects of procurement, including:
- An overview of changes under the Canadian Free Trade Agreement and other trade agreements;
- The grounds and processes by which procurements may be challenged;
- Fairness principles and the importance of effective scoring metrics; and
- The use of a modular, negotiated RFP process to accelerate the procurement of technology solutions.
The panel will then discuss the similarities and differences, and risks and benefits, of different procurement models (tender bid versus negotiated RFP process) and take questions from the floor.
Richard Corley, Partner, Goodmans LLP
Ira Berg, Partner, Goodmans LLP
Julie Rosenthal, Partner, Goodmans LLP
Rick Wilson, Associate, BDO Canada LLP
Original Program Date:
Tuesday, February 26, 2019
1.5 Substantive Hours
For more information, email CPD@goodmans.ca or contacts Sandra Montanino at 416.597.4156
For Members of the Ontario Bar:
Viewing archived webcasts, video replays, or other recorded program formats without a colleague is eligible towards the LSO's annual CPD requirement for up to 6 hours per calendar year. You are not subject to the 6 hour cap if you view it with a colleague. This Goodmans Presents archive can be counted toward your CPD Hours.
To report watching this archived recording in your LSO Portal:
1. Log in to the LSO Portal, and click on "CPD" from the left hand navigation menu.
2. Click on the "Add" button found just below your summary of hours in the Details section.
3. Activity Type: Select "CPD Program or Course" from the drop down menu.
4. Fill in the fields as follows:
Area of Law: Other
Program Name: Recent Developments in Canadian Procurement Law and Practice
Provider: Goodmans LLP
Start and End Date: [Insert Date Viewed]
- Substantive Hours: 1
- Substantive Minutes: 30
- Professionalism Hours: 0
- Professionalism Minutes: 0
- EDI Hours: 0
- EDI Minutes: 0
Other Information: Solo viewing of program moderated by R. Corley of Goodmans LLP with R. Wilson of BDO Canada LLP and I. Berg and J. Rosenthal of Goodmans LLP on the panel discussing the various aspects of procurement law and practice [Insert Time Viewed].
5. Click “Submit” and confirm “Yes” to the entry.
When you select "CPD" from the left hand column, you will see the program in your list of CPD activities and the time will be entered against your substantive hours requirement.
For your reference, the LSO Record Keeping Standards can be found here.