Goodmans Presents: Significant Legal Developments in the Canadian M&A Market
Goodmans is pleased to present our March 2011 professional development and continuing legal education session as part of our Goodmans Presents program. These sessions are designed to help our clients meet the new Law Society of Upper Canada CPD requirements and to provide topical and relevant insight and guidance.
This session will explore recent significant developments in the Canadian M&A market.
Shareholder rights plans
- What is the purpose of a rights plan?
- How does a rights plan work?
- When should a rights plan be implemented?
- What are the implications of the recent rights plan decisions?
Magna International Dual Class Share Collapse
- Factual overview
- What are the implications for structuring a transaction as a plan of arrangement?
- What level of disclosure will be required in “no recommendation” transactions?
Investment Canada Act
- Is Canada still open for business?
- What are the key considerations in preparing an application under the Investment Canada Act?
- What are the key practice points to arise following the Potash decision?
Please Note: This program will be eligible for credit toward the 9 hour LSUC annual CPD requirement.
We would be pleased to help answer any questions you have concerning the new CPD requirements or our Goodmans Presents program. For more information or to register for an upcoming session please contact Sandra Montanino at 416-597-4156 or email@example.com.