Goodmans Presents: The New Anti–Corruption Landscape: Are You in Compliance?
|Area||Corporate Finance and Securities, White Collar Risk Management and Investigations|
The New Anti–Corruption Landscape: Are You in Compliance?
Thursday, June 27th, 2013
7:30 – 8:00 a.m: Breakfast and Registration
8:00 – 9:30 a.m: Panel Discussion
Organizations operating in a global environment have had to deal with anti-corruption regulation for some time. Canada’s proposed amendments to the Corruption of Foreign Public Officials Act bring us one step closer to alignment with the regulatory systems of other countries, namely the U.S. and U.K. However, significant and perhaps irreconcilable differences do exist.
The proposed amendments highlight the government’s commitment to combating corruption and bribery, issues which are relevant to all Canadian businesses and individuals conducting business outside our borders.
Our panel will consider such topics as:
- The current Canadian landscape
- A review of Canada’s proposed amendments to the Act, including the impact of the new books and records provisions
- Developments and expectations in the U.S., U.K., and other jurisdictions
- Operational impact on corporate compliance programs, codes of conduct and related policies
- Transactional impact on due diligence and negotiation of deals
- When and how to undertake an internal investigation
Kenneth Wiener, Partner, Goodmans LLP
Christa C. Wessel, Chief Human Resources & Legal Officer, McCain Foods Limited
Manny Alas, PwC U.S. Partner, Global Foreign Corruption Leader
Steven Henderson, PwC Canada Partner, National Forensic Services Leader
Sheldon Freeman, Partner, Goodmans LLP
John Keefe, Partner, Goodmans LLP
Who Should Attend:
In-house counsel, senior operational and financial executives and corporate development professionals
Members of the Ontario Bar: This session is eligible for 1.5 substantive hours toward your annual LSUC CPD Requirement