Goodmans Presents: Cybersecurity - Awareness and Thoughtful Action
7:30 - 8:00 am: Breakfast/Networking
8:00 - 9:30 am: Panel Discussion
It probably comes as no surprise that cybersecurity is at the top of many organisations’ list of priorities. It likely should be higher on the list of priorities of many others. The sophistication and frequency of attacks, against individuals and entities in all industries from retail to financial to legal, are alarming but should not be surprising. The benefits of being proactive, anticipating and preparing for the threat far outweigh the potential costs.
This session will help business executives, leaders and managers, members of Boards of Directors and in-house counsel develop an approach to the navigation of this complex landscape.
Three main areas will be explored by our panel:
- Understanding the problem
- External and internal risks
- Developing a cybersecurity strategy
- Cybersecurity as a business risk management as well as a technology issue
- D&O awareness and responsibility
- Monitoring, updating and changing behaviour in a constantly shifting environment
- Best practices preparing for, and responding to, attacks
- Response process
- Breach notification
- Reputation risk management
Jonathan Lampe, Partner, Goodmans LLP
Members of the Ontario Bar:
This program has been accredited by the Law Society of Upper Canada for 1.5 professionalism hours toward the annual CPD requirement.