Goodmans Presents: Three P's in a Pod: Production, Privacy and Phantom Clients
Goodmans is pleased to announce a new series of professional development and continuing legal education sessions as part of our Goodmans Presents program. These sessions are designed to help our clients meet the new Law Society of Upper Canada CPD requirements and to provide topical and relevant insight and guidance.
Our first accredited session is designed to focus on some of the responsibilities and ethical considerations of your role as in-house counsel.
This session will explore:
When Disputes Arise
- What to do when your organization does not have an adequate document management system
- Managing the practical problems of document preservation and collection
Dealing with Privacy Breaches
- Coordinating a response among corporate departments
- Ethical dilemmas
- What outsiders should be informed of the breach and when
- Limiting the downside
Avoiding Phantom Clients
- Clarifying your role and setting boundaries for your relationships with other parties such as members of the board, members of management and employees
Please Note: This program has been accredited by the Law Society for 1.5 hours toward the annual Professionalism Requirement and for 1.5 hours toward the annual New Member Requirement.
We would be pleased to help answer any questions you have concerning the new CPD requirements or our Goodmans Presents program. For more information or to register for an upcoming session please contact Sandra Montanino at 416-597-4156 or email@example.com.