Income Trusts - Insight Information Co.
|Area||REITs and Income Securities|
Wednesday February 26, 2003
9:15 am: An Income Fund Primer
Speaker: Stephen Pincuse, Goodmans LLP (head of the REITs and Income Funds practice)
Find out why income trusts have become one of the hottest investment opportunities today. Income fund managers, investment bankers, portfolio managers, tax lawyers and rating analysts will discuss:
- How income trusts have changed the business landscape and why income trusts can make better IPOs
- Trust conversions and the reorganization of existing businesses into trusts structures
- The emerging cross border market
- Income trust IPO: the different steps from start to finish
- Legal, tax and accounting considerations for structuring income trusts
- Alternative structures to create Canadian income funds for non-Canadian businesses
- Debt rating versus stability ratings: are they comparable?
- The securities regulators view on income funds
February 26 - 27, 2003