Joseph Pasquariello at the Canadian Institute's 10th Annual Advanced Insolvency & Restructuring Law Conference
January 20 - 21, 2010
The Sutton Place Hotel
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
11:00 am: Navigating Employee and Labour Issues During Insolvencies & Restructurings
Speaker: Joseph Pasquariello, Partner, Goodmans LLP
This session will cover:
- Analyzing the interaction between insolvencies and employee issues
- Exploring how recent amendments to the Wage Earner Protection Program Act (WEPPA) impact employee issues during insolvencies/restructurings how are employees treated under WEPPA provisions? how are employees accessing the program and dealing with trustees in bankruptcy? what is the impact of these programs on lenders and creditors?
- Dealing with termination and severance pay reviewing recent decisions from the Ontario and Quebec courts
- Best practices for dealing with unions and other employee representatives how are collective agreements treated during insolvencies/restructurings?
- Taking on employer related liabilities during asset sales: how are successor employers liable?
- Examining the appointment of employee representative counsel in CCAA proceedings
- Lessons learned from the recent Nortel proceedings: dealing with complex employee issues
For more information click here.