Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Andrew Harmes is an associate in the Corporate Restructuring Group at Goodmans, which is consistently and widely recognized as Canada’s best and leading corporate restructuring practice.
Andrew is developing his practice in the areas of corporate and commercial law, with an emphasis on corporate restructurings and related transactions. His experience includes recapitalizations, acquisitions, commercial financing transactions, receivership proceedings, and corporate and insolvency restructurings.
Andrew has represented debtors, secured and unsecured lenders and bondholders, court-appointed officers, plan sponsors, purchasers and other key stakeholders advising in a range of complex restructurings, financings, acquisitions and related transactions.
Andrew’s representative work includes:
- Bellatrix Exploration - Acting for Bellatrix Exploration in connection with its CBCA recapitalization transaction
- Jupiter Resources - Representing the Plan Sponsor (private equity firm) of Jupiter Resources’ $1 billion CBCA recapitalization transaction
- RGL Reservoir Management - Representing Reservoir Management in connection with its $400 million CBCA recapitalization transaction
- Bondfield Construction and Forma-Con Construction - Acting for Bondfield’s senior-secured lender in connection with Bondfield’s CCAA proceeding and the receivership of Forma-Con Construction, including in connection with the sale of Forma-Con’s business and other assets
- Ingenious Packaging - Acting for the court-appointed receiver of Ingenious Packaging in connection with the sale and divestiture of its business
- North America Milling - Acting for the court-appointed receiver in connection with the liquidation of North America Milling’s assets
- Carillion Canada - Representing the purchaser in connection with the acquisition of Carillion Canada’s services business in Carillion Canada’s CCAA proceedings
- Toys “R” Us Canada - Acting for Toys “R” Us Canada in connection with its CCAA proceedings
- Zenabis Global (formerly Sun Pharm) - Acting for a private equity group in connection with a notes offering
PROFESSIONAL INVOLVEMENT AND CHARITY WORK
Andrew received the Insolvency Institute of Canada Law Student Writing Award for a paper he authored on the treatment of shareholders and equity claims in Canadian corporate insolvency proceedings which was published in the 2017 Journal of the Insolvency Institute of Canada. Andrew has also co-authored papers presented at the 2016 and 2018 Six-Minute Debtor-Creditor and Insolvency Lawyer seminars and was a moderator at the Ontario Bar Association’s Murray Klein Award panel “From the Brink - Asset Backed Commercial Paper and 3rd Party Releases.”
Andrew is a member of the executive committee of the Big Brother’s Big Sisters of Toronto Young Leaders organization and the social media committee of the Turnaround Management Association (Toronto chapter).
|Education|| Osgoode Hall Law School (J.D., 2016)
Dalhousie University (B.A., with Distinction, Political Science and Canadian Studies, 2014)
Law Society of Ontario
|Year of Call||