Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Brendan Dean is an associate in a business law group at Goodmans. He is developing his practice in the areas of corporate law and banking and finance law.
Brendan represents lenders and borrowers on commercial financings and lending transactions, including acquisition finance, project finance, cross-border transactions and asset-based lending.
Brendan completed his J.D. at Queen’s University, where he was the recipient of both the Law ’66 Book Prize in Contracts and the Spirit Award. While attending law school, Brendan was an Associate editor for the Queen’s Law Journal, a Career Development Assistant for the Career Development office, and was an upper-year mentor and an Assistant for the Academic Assistant Program.
Brendan’s representative work includes acting for:
- a private equity fund in connection with an acquisition financing and various amended and restated credit agreements
- SkyPower Corp. in connection with its completion of five concurrent refinancings totalling USD$230 million for its seven Ontario RESOP solar park projects
- IAM Private Debt in connection with an acquisition financing of a leading supplier to the craft brewing industry
- Hudson Resources in connection with a multi-lender project financing in Greenland
- a Canadian investment company in connection with a CAD$150 million credit facility
- a Canadian mobile game publisher in connection with an acquisition financing through a senior secured credit agreement
|Education|| Queen's University (J.D., 2017)
Concordia University (M.A., Philosophy, 2012)
University of Guelph (B.A., Philosophy, 2010)
Law Society of Ontario
|Year of Call||