Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Celia Rhea is a partner at Goodmans. As the former head of one of the business law sections, Celia has played a critical role in building Goodmans' corporate practice. She joined Goodmans in 1988 and has been a partner since 1992.
Celia has a transactional practice that encompasses private equity, financing, mergers and acquisitions, restructuring and workouts.
Recent mandates Celia has been involved in include representing:
- Kew Media Group Inc. in its proposed qualifying acquisition transaction for $104.1 million of six leading content companies to create a global media platform.
- Acasta Enterprises Inc. in its qualifying acquisition of Apollo Health and Beauty Care Partnership, JemPak Corporation and Stellwagen Group with a total enterprise value of $1.1 billion, the first Canadian special-purpose acquisition company (SPAC) to complete a qualifying acquisition.
- Ad Hoc Committee of Noteholders of Pacific Exploration & Production Corporation in connection with the company’s US$5.4 billion restructuring.
- Penfund Capital’s $70 million 2nd lien credit facility to Goodlife Fitness.
- Roots Canada’s sale of a majority stake to Searchlight Capital.
Celia is a frequent speaker at industry conferences and is recognized as a leading lawyer by various legal publications including Lexpert®, Chambers, IFLR and The Best Lawyers in Canada.
|Education|| McGill University (LL.B., 1984)
University of Western Ontario (B.A. (Huron College), 1980)
|Year of Call||