Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Celia Rhea is a partner in a business law group at Goodmans. Her practice encompasses corporate advice, financing, leveraged buyouts, private equity, mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and restructuring.
Celia works with companies, private equity funds and hedge funds in financing and corporate transactions, including in the restructuring context, to find creative solutions to unique challenges in collaboration with clients and other professionals.
Celia’s representative work includes acting for:
- Penfund Capital in its $100 million 2nd lien credit facility to Goodlife Fitness
- Carlyle Group in its $225 million credit facility to Empire Communities
- Brookfield Principal Credit in its US$650 million credit facility to Bumble Bee Foods
- Bell Canada Enterprises in its $2.3 billion exchange of its medium term notes for medium term notes of Bell Aliant
- Kew Media Group in its qualifying acquisition transaction of six leading content companies to create a global media platform and subsequent acquisitions of TCB Media, Sienna Films and Essential Quail Media Group
- Acasta Enterprises Inc. in its $118 million sale of JemPak Corporation to Henkel AG&Co KGaA
- Roots Canada in the sale of majority ownership to Searchlight Capital
- Advanz Pharma Corp (f/k/a Concordia International Corporation) in its US$300 million bond issuance and US$800 million and €223 million credit facilities
- Toys ‘R’ Us Canada in its $300 million sale to Fairfax Financial Holdings
- Noteholders of Frontera Energy (f/k/a Pacific Exploration & Development Corporation) in Frontera’s US$5.4 billion restructuring
Celia is recognized as a leading lawyer by various legal publications including Lexpert, Chambers, IFLR 1000 and Best Lawyers in Canada in the areas of Banking and Finance Law, Corporate, M&A, Leveraged Buyouts, Private Equity and Restructuring.
Celia served as a director of People for Education from 2011 to 2018.
|Education|| McGill University (LL.B., 1984)
University of Western Ontario (B.A., Huron College, 1980)
Law Society of Ontario
|Year of Call||