Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Dan Dedic is a partner at Goodmans. His practice is focused on a range of domestic and cross-border financing and corporate transactions acting for both creditors and debtors. Dan has significant experience with distressed debt financing, restructuring and recapitalization transactions. He is recognized as a leading lawyer by The Best Lawyers in Canada (banking), a “Leading lawyer- Rising star” for Banking & Finance in the IFLR 1000 and a “Rising Star” for Banking & Financial Law in Euromoney’s Expert Guides for 2018. Dan also has considerable experience in the mining industry, with a particular focus on streaming transactions, and is recognized as a leading practitioner in Lexpert’s Leading Canadian Lawyers in Global Mining for 2018.
Dan’s recent experience includes representation of:
- Nuvo Pharmaceuticals Inc. in connection with its acquisition financing for the purchase of Aralez Pharmaceutical’s Canadian business and certain U.S. assets.
- Carlyle Credit Opportunities Fund in connection with its financing of Empire Communities
- Brookfield Principal Credit in connection with the US$650 million term loan provided to Bumble Bee Seafoods
- Franco-Nevada Corporation in connection with its various stream financing transactions
- HudBay Minerals Inc. and its affiliates in connection with its precious metals stream transactions with Wheaton Precious Metals and its affiliates
- Toys “R” Us Canada in connection with its coordinated CCAA and Chapter 11 proceedings and its going-concern sale to Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd.
- A syndicate of first-lien lenders in connection with their pre and post-filing financing of Sears Canada
- Clearwater Seafoods Limited Partnership in connection with its credit facilities with Wells Fargo Bank, National Association and a syndicate of lenders as well as its bond issuance
- Creditors of Banro Corporation in connection with its recapitalization and restructuring under the CCAA
- Postmedia Network Inc. in connection with its recapitalization and restructuring under the CBCA
- Ad Hoc Committee of Noteholders of Pacific Exploration & Production Corporation in connection with the company’s restructuring under the CCAA and ancillary proceedings in Colombia and the United States
|Education|| Osgoode Hall Law School (J.D. (Bronze Medalist))
University of Western Ontario (B.A. (Honours) Media Studies and Political Science (with Distinction))
Law Society of Ontario