Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Dan Dedic is a partner in a business law group and is a member of the Opinions Committee at Goodmans.
His practice is focused on a range of domestic and cross-border financing and corporate transactions. He has significant experience with distressed debt financing, restructuring and recapitalization transactions. He advises public and private companies, financial institutions and private lending institutions in connection with various financing and restructuring transactions. Dan also advises mining companies and streamers in connection with streaming transactions.
Dan’s recent representative experience includes acting for:
- Algoma Steel Inc. in connection with its term loan and revolving financing facilities
- Nuvo Pharmaceuticals Inc. in connection with its acquisition financing for the purchase of Aralez Pharmaceutical’s Canadian business and certain U.S. assets
- Clearwater Seafoods Limited Partnership in connection with its credit facilities and bond issuance
- Carlyle Credit Opportunities Fund in connection with its financing of Empire Communities
Restructuring and Recapitalization
- Bellatrix Exploratoin Ltd. in connection with its comprehensive recapitalization transaction implemented under the CBCA
- Toys “R” Us Canada in connection with its coordinated CCAA and Chapter 11 proceedings and its going-concern sale to Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd.
- a syndicate of first-lien lenders in connection with their pre- and post-filing financing of Sears Canada
- Brookfield Principal Credit in connection with the US$650 million term loan provided to Bumble Bee Seafoods
- Franco-Nevada Corporation in connection with its various stream financing transactions
- HudBay Minerals Inc. and its affiliates in connection with its precious metals stream transactions with Wheaton Precious Metals and its affiliates
Dan is recognized as a leading lawyer by Best Lawyers in Canada (banking), a “Leading lawyer-Rising star” for Banking & Finance in the IFLR 1000 and a “Rising Star” for Banking & Financial Law in Euromoney’s Expert Guides. Dan is also recognized as a leading practitioner in Lexpert Leading Canadian Lawyers in Global Mining.
Dan is a regular presenter at Osgoode Hall’s annual Perfect your PPSA Skills conference. He is also a board member of Youthdale Treatment Centres, an organization providing comprehensive, integrated mental health services to troubled children and their families and chairs its governance committee.
|Education|| Osgoode Hall Law School (J.D., Bronze Medalist)
University of Western Ontario (B.A., Honours, Media Studies and Political Science, with Distinction)
Law Society of Ontario