Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Dan Dedic is a partner at Goodmans. His practice is focused on a range of domestic and cross-border financing and corporate transactions acting for both creditors and debtors. Dan has significant experience with distressed debt financing, restructuring and recapitalization transactions. He is recognized as a leading lawyer by The Best Lawyers in Canada (banking), a “Leading lawyer- Rising star” for Banking & Finance in the IFLR 1000 and a “Rising Star” for Banking & Financial Law in Euromoney’s Expert Guides for 2018. Dan also has considerable experience in the mining industry, with a particular focus on streaming transactions, and is recognized as a leading practitioner in Lexpert’s Leading Canadian Lawyers in Global Mining for 2018.
Dan’s recent experience includes representation of:
- Nuvo Pharmaceuticals Inc. in connection with its acquisition financing for the purchase of Aralez Pharmaceutical’s Canadian business and certain U.S. assets.
- Ad Hoc Committee of senior secured noteholders of Essar Steel Algoma Inc. in connection with Essar’s restructuring under the CCAA and sale of substantially all of its assets to Algoma Steel Inc.
- Carlyle Credit Opportunities Fund in connection with its financing of Empire Communities
- Brookfield Principal Credit in connection with the US$650 million term loan provided to Bumble Bee Seafoods
- Franco-Nevada Corporation in connection with its various stream financing transactions
- HudBay Minerals Inc. and its affiliates in connection with its precious metals stream transactions with Wheaton Precious Metals and its affiliates
- Toys “R” Us Canada in connection with its coordinated CCAA and Chapter 11 proceedings and its going-concern sale to Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd.
- A syndicate of first-lien lenders in connection with their pre and post-filing financing of Sears Canada
- Clearwater Seafoods Limited Partnership in connection with its credit facilities with Wells Fargo Bank, National Association and a syndicate of lenders as well as its bond issuance
- Creditors of Banro Corporation in connection with its recapitalization and restructuring under the CCAA
- Postmedia Network Inc. in connection with its recapitalization and restructuring under the CBCA
- Ad Hoc Committee of Noteholders of Pacific Exploration & Production Corporation in connection with the company’s restructuring under the CCAA and ancillary proceedings in Colombia and the United States
|Education|| Osgoode Hall Law School (J.D. (Bronze Medalist))
University of Western Ontario (B.A. (Honours) Media Studies and Political Science (with Distinction))
Law Society of Ontario