Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Dennis Beker is an associate at Goodmans. Dennis practices in the areas of corporate law, mergers and acquisitions and securities law. Dennis acts for both public and private companies and has worked on a broad range of domestic and cross-border transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, take-over bids, public offerings, debt and equity financings, bank financings, private placements and corporate reorganizations.
Dennis’ recent transactional experience includes representing:
- Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. in its bought deal offering and concurrent private placement of convertible unsecured senior subordinated debentures for gross proceeds of $132,725,000
- Canaccord Genuity Acquisition Corp. in its initial public offering of Class A restricted voting units for gross proceeds of $30,000,000
- Atlantic Power Corporation in its bought deal offering of convertible unsecured subordinated debentures for gross proceeds of $115,000,000
- The underwriters and agents in connection with various public offerings by Brookfield Asset Management Inc. and its affiliates, including Brookfield Renewable Partners L.P. and Brookfield Business Partners L.P.
- Searchlight Capital Partners L.P. in its acquisition of Mitel Networks Corporation by way of plan of arrangement for US$2 billion
- STT Enviro Corp. in the acquisition by Carmeuse Lime (Canada) Limited by way of a take-over bid
While attending law school, Dennis was twice named to the Dean’s List (top 10% of the class). He was also recognized for his various achievements, both academic and personal, and received the Blakes Scholar Award, as well as the Law Society of Ontario for Academic Excellence.
Prior to joining Goodmans, Dennis worked as an associate in the Corporate and Securities group of a global law firm.
|Education|| University of Western Ontario (J.D. (with Distinction), 2014)
York University, Schulich School of Business (B.B.A., (with Honours & Distinction), 2011)
The Law Society of Ontario
|Year of Call||