Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Emily Weizel is an associate at Goodmans. She practices in the areas of corporate law, mergers and acquisitions and securities law.
Emily’s recent transactional experience includes representing:
- Milestone Apartments REIT in its S$2.9 billion privatization by Starwood Capital Group.
- Mettrum Health Corp., a vertically integrated agri-pharmaceutical company, in its $430 million acquisition by Canopy Growth Corporation.
- Acasta Enterprises Inc. in connection with its qualifying acquisition of Apollo Health and Beauty Care Partnership, JemPak Corporation and Stellwagen Group with a total enterprise value of $1.1 billion
- RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust on various matters, including its securities offerings;
- Milestone Apartments Real Estate Investment Trust on various matters, including its securities offerings;
- Welltower REIT (formerly Health Care REIT) and Revera Inc. in connection with their $374.4 million joint venture acquisition of Regal Lifestyle Communities Inc.;
- 9 Story Media Group in its acquisition of Irish animation studio Brown Bag Films; and
- Brookfield Residential Properties Inc. in connection with its going private transaction with Brookfield Asset Management Inc.
While attending law school, Emily was named to the Dean’s List and was awarded the David Sabbath Prize in Appellate Advocacy. She also worked as a research assistant to the Associate Dean and as a caseworker in the Queen’s Business Law Clinic. Prior to law school, Emily worked in Washington, D.C. as an intern at both the Canadian Embassy and the U.S. House of Representatives.
Emily joined Goodmans as a summer student in 2012, returned for her articles in 2013-2014 and became an associate in 2014.
|Education|| Queen's University (J.D., 2013)
Queen's University (Masters of Public Administration, 2011)
McGill University (B.Sc., Anatomy and Cell Biology, 2009)
Law Society of Upper Canada
|Year of Call||