Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Hannah Arthurs is a senior associate in the Litigation Group at Goodmans. She maintains a varied litigation practice, focusing on complex commercial litigation. Hannah’s commercial litigation practice emcompasses a variety of business disputes, including contract claims, negligence claims, construction litigation (including construction lien claims) and insolvency proceedings. In addition to her advocacy work, Hannah assists clients in assessing and minimizing litigation risk, and works with clients to achieve business solutions to complex disputes.
Hannah has appeared before the Ontario Superior Court of Justice (including the Commercial List) and the Ontario Court of Appeal. She has also been involved in private arbitrations and mediations and has represented clients at various tribunals.
Hannah is actively involved in the Litigation Group’s Continuing Legal Education program for associates and acts as a mentor to junior lawyers and students.
Hannah’s representative work includes:
- defending a professional firm in a claim for negligence and loss of chance
- acting as defence counsel in a securities class action proceeding
- representing a receiver in complex multi-party construction litigation, including various construction lien proceedings
- asserting a claim on behalf of a large generic drug manufacturer for breach of contract
- providing legal advice to a public body regarding the application of the Charter of Rights and Freedoms
- representing an online marketplace in a precedent-setting copyright infringement claim and defending a related proceeding under the Competition Act
- representing the Canadian court-appointed monitor in a cross-border insolvency trial in Nortel Networks
|Education|| University of Toronto (Juris Doctor, 2007)
Queen's University (B.A., Honours with Distinction, Applied Economics, 2004)
Law Society of Ontario
|Year of Call||