Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Jaro Mazzola is an associate in the Litigation Group. He practises commercial litigation with an emphasis on intellectual property disputes, regulatory matters, and access to information requests. His intellectual property practice includes trademark infringement, patent infringement and proceedings under the Patented Medicines (Notice of Compliance) Regulations. He regularly appears before the Federal and Ontario Courts.
Jaro is fluent in English and French, which he leverages to represent clients in both official languages. He has appeared as counsel on a number of significant cases, including:
- Pfizer Canada Inc. v. Apotex Inc.; Pfizer Canada Inc. v. Mylan Pharmaceuticals ULC, 2014 FCA 250
- VIIV Healthcare ULC v. Teva Canada Ltd., 2015 FCA 93
- Sherman v. Pfizer Canada Inc., 2015 FCA 107
- Apotex Inc. v. Canada (Minister of Health), 2017 FCA 160
- Pfizer Canada Inc. v. Apotex Inc., 2013 FC 1036
- Apotex Inc. v. H. Lundbeck A/S, 2013 FC 1188
- Pfizer Canada Inc. v. Apotex Inc., 2013 FC 1249
- Pfizer Canada Inc. v. Apotex Inc., 2014 FC 173
- VIIV Healthcare ULC v. Teva Canada Ltd., 2014 FC 893
- Laboratoires Servier v. Canada (Minister of Health), 2015 FC 108
- Eli Lilly Canada Inc. v. Apotex Inc., 2015 FC 1165
- Shire Canada Inc. v. Apotex Inc., 2016 FC 382
- Apotex Inc. v. Canada (Minister of Health), 2016 FC 776
Jaro has also appeared as a guest lecturer in the Intellectual Property in Health Law course in the Professional LLM program at Osgoode Hall Law School.
Prior to joining Goodmans, Jaro clerked for the Honourable Mr. Justice Zinn of the Federal Court and worked as a Research Assistant at the Supreme Court of Canada.
|Education|| University of Ottawa (J.D., 2010)
University of Ottawa (LL.L., 2009)
Law Society of Upper Canada
|Year of Call||