Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Ken Herlin is a partner at Goodmans. He focuses on commercial real estate purchases and sales, financing and leasing.
Ken has a busy commercial leasing practice, acting for both landlords and tenants. He has acted for lenders and tenants on ground leases and has co-authored a chapter in Tenant's Rights and Remedies in a Commercial Lease and contributed to The Commercial Lease – A Practical Guide (both published by Canada Law Book Inc.). Ken is named in the peer-rated Best Lawyers in Canada Guide as a leading lawyer in the area of commercial leasing law.
He has significant REIT experience and has been involved in the establishment, financing and disposition of real estate investment trusts and income funds.
He also worked on the real estate, financing and leasing aspects of numerous insolvencies and restructurings in the laboratory, movie theatre, grocery and retail industries.
Ken’s transactional experience includes:
- CAPREIT, RESREIT, Allied Properties REIT and Crombie REIT IPO's
- CNL Acquisition and Disposition of Ski Hill Assets
- Cineplex Restructuring and IPO
- Teachers’ Pension Plan Secured Financing of Parmalat Canada
- TD and BMO Financings of Q9 Networks Inc.
- Sale of Eddie Bauer Canada Retail Division
- Osmington sale of Torstar 1 Yonge Street Head Office
- 271 Front Telco Lease to Equinix
- Slate/Blackstone Sale of Ontario and Alberta Office Portfolio
- Slate/Incore Purchase of GE Ontario Portfolio
- Crombie REIT- Independent Trustees-Purchase of Safeway Portfolio
- CML HealthCare disposition of Medical Imaging Portfolio
- Alvarez & Marsal Canada – Target Canada CCAA Filing
- Sale of Roots North American retail chain
- Golf Town CCAA Filing
|Education|| University of Toronto (J.D., 1988)
McGill University (B.Comm., 1985)