Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Kenneth Saddington is a partner in the Tax Group at Goodmans where he advises on all areas of Canadian domestic and international income taxation that arise in corporate and commercial transactions. His practice has an emphasis on domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, private equity investments, debt restructurings, corporate finance, and investment funds.
Recent transactions on which Kenneth has advised include:
- Newmont Mining Corporation on its $10 billion acquisition of Goldcorp Inc.
- Altria Group, Inc. on its $2.4 billion strategic investment in Cronos Group Inc., a cannabis producer.
- BSR REIT on its US$135 million cross-border initial public offering.
- Mettrum Health Corp. on its approximately $430 million acquisition by Canopy Growth Corporation.
- InterOil Corporation in connection with its US$2.5 billion acquisition by Exxon Mobil Corporation.
- Representing the Plan Sponsors (leading private equity firms) in connection with Lightstream Resources Ltd.’s $2 billion restructuring.
- Representing the Ad Hoc Committee of Noteholders in connection with Connacher Oil and Gas Ltd.’s $1 billion restructuring.
- HealthLease Properties REIT on its $1 billion acquisition by Health Care REIT, Inc.
- Health Care REIT, Inc. and Revera Inc. in connection with their US$2 billion joint venture resulting in shared ownership of 70+ Canadian retirement residences previously owned by Revera.
- Advising the underwriters and agents in connection with various public offerings by Brookfield Asset Management Inc. and its affiliates, including Brookfield Infrastructure Partners L.P., Brookfield Renewable Partners L.P., Brookfield Office Properties Inc. and Brookfield Business Partners L.P.
Kenneth has authored numerous papers and speaks frequently on commercial and international income tax matters, and is a frequent guest-lecturer at Osgoode Hall Law School on business tax planning. He is a member of the Canadian Bar Association and the Canadian Tax Foundation.
|Education|| University of Western Ontario (J.D., 2010)
Queen's University (B.Sc. (Eng.), 2007)
|Year of Call||