Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Matt Prager is an associate at Goodmans. He practices in the areas of corporate law, mergers and acquisitions and securities law, acting for both public and private companies on a wide range of domestic and cross-border transactions.
Matt’s recent transaction experience includes representing:
- Invesque Inc. in its US$50 million bought deal offering of convertible debentures.
- Invesque Inc. in its US$138 million acquisition of Mohawk Medical Properties Real Estate Investment Trust.
- Invesque Inc. in its US$71.5 million private placement of preferred shares to certain funds managed by Magnetar Financial LLC.
- Invesque Inc. in its US$425 million acquisition of Care Investment Trust, LLC, owner of 42 US seniors housing and care property portfolio in the United States.
- Clairvest Group Inc. in its growth equity investment in Also Energy, Inc., a solar monitoring company based in Boulder, Colorado.
- Tricon Capital Group in its acquisition of Silver Bay Realty Trust Corp. for US$1.4 billion, financed by the proceeds of bought deal offerings of 20,326,250 subscription receipts and $172.5 million principal amount of 5.75% convertible debentures.
- Kew Media Group Inc. in its concurrent acquisition of 11 companies creating a global media platform and the first qualifying acquisition by a specialty SPAC in Canada.
- Clairvest Group Inc. in its acquisition along with MAG Aerospace Corp. of the fire services business of Discovery Air Inc., a global leader in specialty aviation services.
- Clairvest Group Inc. in its US$20.5 million investment for a minority interest in Digital Media Solutions, LLC a digital media company which operates as a lead generation engine for companies in a variety of industries.
Matt completed a J.D./H.B.A. program at Western Law School and the Richard Ivey School of Business, and won the Gold Medal and Law Society of Upper Canada Prize at Law School while also graduating from Ivey with Distinction. Matt also spent a semester studying law abroad at the National University of Singapore.
Matt joined the firm as a summer student in 2013, returned for his articles in 2014-2015 and became an associate in 2015. Matt serves as Chair of the firm’s Associates Committee.
|Education|| University of Western Ontario (J.D. (Gold Medalist), 2014)
Richard Ivey School of Business (H.B.A. (with Distinction), 2014)
|Year of Call||