Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Nick is an associate in the Commercial Real Estate Law Group at Goodmans.
He has a broad-based practice which focuses on all aspects of real property, with a particular expertise in commercial real estate development, including purchase and sale transactions, municipal approvals, municipal development agreements and private development agreements. Because of Nick’s background with the municipal law group at Goodmans, he is uniquely positioned to provide practical legal and strategic advice to his clients on real estate transactions that relate to commercial development.
Nick’s practice also focuses on public procurement, infrastructure and public-private partnerships (P3s). He advises clients on the development, preparation and ongoing administration of public tenders and procurement processes, and the development of commercial agreements for the design, construction, financing, operation and maintenance of public projects.
In the past, Nick has successfully advocated for clients before the Ontario Municipal Board, the Assessment Review Board, the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, and various committees of adjustment.
Nick’s recent transactional and legal experience includes representing:
- Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation, in connection with the modernization of its land based casino and slot gaming facilities;
- RioCan REIT, in connection with its sale of its U.S. portfolio of 49 retail properties located in the Northeastern U.S. and Texas;
- Plasman Group and Continuous Colour Coat Ltd., portfolio companies of Insight Equity Partners, in connection with sale-leaseback transactions of industrial properties in Toronto, Windsor and Chatham-Kent;
- ABC Group (a multi-national auto parts supplier), in connection with its sale to Cerberus Capital Management, including the sale of its industrial properties in Canada, US, Mexico, Germany, Japan and China;
- RioCan REIT, Allied Properties REIT and DiamondCorp, in connection with their development of “The Well” mixed use commercial/residential development;
- Knightstone Capital Management Inc., in connection with its ground lease and development of a 25 storey student residence in downtown Toronto;
- Oxford Properties Corporation, in connection with development and land use matters relating to Square One Mall;
- Osmington Inc., in connection with its long-term lease and development of commercial retail spaces in Union Station, Toronto;
- Oxford Properties Corporation, in connection with its acquisition of the Park Hyatt Toronto;
- Uber Canada, in connection with municipal licensing matters in the City of Toronto and the GTA;
- Bentall Kennedy, in connection with the acquisition of Westside Marketplace, Waterloo.
Nick currently sits on the Board of Directors for the University of Western Ontario Alumni Association and is also the former President and CEO of the University Student’s Council at Western. Nick is a guest lecturer on Administrative Law for the business law program at the University of Toronto's Rotman Commerce Department.
Nick joined the firm as a student in 2007 and 2008. He returned for his articles in 2009 and became an associate in 2010.
|Education|| Queen's University (J.D., 2009)
University of Western Ontario (B.Sc. (Honours Geology, Biology and Environmental Sciences), 2006)
Law Society of Upper Canada
|Year of Call||