Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Tyler D’Angelo is an associate in the Commercial Real Estate Group at Goodmans. His practice focuses on a wide variety of real estate matters, including financings, purchases, sales, joint ventures, commercial leases, and construction and development agreements.
While attending law school, Tyler worked as a researcher for the Osgoode Society for Canadian Legal History on the Society’s 2014 publication, The Court of Appeal for Ontario: Defining the Right of Appeal in Canada, 1792-2013, and volunteered with the Queen’s Law Journal and Upper Year Buddy program. He is also an alumnus of the Queen’s University men’s varsity hockey team and played on the law school hockey team.
Tyler summered at the firm in 2012, returned for his articles in 2013 and became an associate in 2014.
- Leadon Investment Inc. in its acquisition of 25 hotels across Canada for $1 billion, and subsequent financing to a European bank for $716 million;
- OneREIT in its sale of 44 shopping centres across Canada to Strathallen Capital Corp. and subsequent takeover by SmartREIT for a collective $1.1 billion;
- Miller McAsphalt Group in the sale of its road construction and bitumen distribution business to Colas Canada for $913 million;
- Cott Corporation in the sale of its traditional beverage manufacturing business to Refresco Group for USD$1.25 billion;
- Alvarez & Marsal Canada Inc., the monitor of Target Canada Co., in the sale by Target of its real property assets for $573 million and landlord claims of $1.9 billion;
- Sienna Senior Living Inc. in its acquisition of 18 retirement residences in British Columbia and Ontario for a combined $640 million;
- Revera Inc. and Welltower Inc. in their $374.4 million joint venture acquisition of 23 seniors living residences across Canada;
- Roots Canada Ltd. in its sale to an international private equity firm;
- Recurrent Energy in its acquisition and development of solar power projects throughout Ontario;
- Canadian counsel to numerous American private equity firms in their acquisition of Canadian real estate assets;
- Underwriting syndicates in connection with bought-deal public offerings on the TSX;
- Landlords and tenants in the negotiation and leasing of office, manufacturing, retail and restaurant space across North America.
|Education|| Queen's University (J.D., 2013)
Queen's University (Master of Arts (History), 2009)
Carleton University (Bachelor of Journalism (Highest Honours), 2006)
|Year of Call||