Corporate and Commercial
Goodmans’ Corporate and Commercial Group is the largest in the firm – bringing together business law and transactional work, with all the strategic entrepreneurial flair for which we are known.
In many ways, our business law capabilities are the very traits that make our transactional services so successful. By helping companies formulate and implement their business strategies, we are able to cultivate a profound understanding of the clients long-term objectives.
A large number of our business law clients have been with the firm since their businesses began – some of them upwards of 30 years. Even now, with clients among the world’s largest multinationals, we honour our roots, and advise start-ups and small businesses with equal passion.
Clients call upon Goodmans when a complex transaction needs to be pulled together with skill and finesse because of our recognized skill in every significant area of corporate and commercial law, including:
- structuring financings using public and private debt and equity markets
- structuring shareholder and joint ventures arrangements
- managing public offerings and joint ventures
- providing corporate governance advice
- handling acquisitions, sales and restructuring of private companies
- documenting the activities in a manner that clearly establishes the clients’ rights
Our business law team is unique in its celebration of time-honoured, seasoned generalists – an increasingly rare breed at many firms, but the kind of advisor that more and more clients crave. We have always embraced the client relationship model – offering a trustworthy business partner to resolve complex issues, provide strategic advice, and ensure the client is happy with every level of service across the firm.