Clients rely on the expertise of our Outsourcing lawyers for their legal and technical knowledge, and for their extensive experience in advising both outsourcing customers and suppliers. In order to best advance our clients' business interests, we form interdisciplinary teams with specialists in areas such as commercial technology, intellectual property, privacy, data protection, employment, pensions and tax.
We assist clients with all phases of outsourcing transactions - from the request-for-proposal process, to structuring the deal and negotiating the contracts, through implementation and, when necessary, the restructuring and renegotiation. Our clear understanding of the interests and perspectives of both customers and suppliers, assists us to help structure solutions that align the parties’ incentives and make durable, mutually satisfactory relationships more likely.
Our lawyers have advised leading organizations in a diverse array of industries and interests, including telecommunications, banking, financial services, insurance, technology, health care, government, food and beverage, retail, commodities, and manufacturing. We assist with a wide variety of technology and business-process outsourcing transactions, including the outsourcing of technology infrastructure and managed services, application development and maintenance, telecommunications services, financial services, transactional processing, and clinical management services.
We have developed and employ tested strategies and tools that help save time and money by keeping the negotiations focused and positive.
- A leading Canadian mortgage technology firm in negotiating master services/ SaaS/outsourcing/licensing agreements with many Canadian banks and other financial institutions
- International service providers with respect to outsourcing transactions in the telecommunications and financial services sectors
- Financial services corporation in the negotiation and license and development agreements concerning the provision of back office programs
- The Province of Ontario in connection with the re-financing and renegotiation of the Province’s agreement with Teranet which operates the Province’s electronic land registration system
- The Province of Ontario in connection with the re-negotiation and settlement of disputes concerning the Province’s Integrated Justice Project
- RioCan with its conversion to a new enterprise resource planning system
- Private businesses in the commodities, food, beverage, retail, construction and other sectors in the negotiation and implementation and in a number of cases, the renegotiation, of major outsourcing agreements and ERP implementations
- Public and private sector organizations in the health care, gaming and logistics sectors with the negotiation and/or renegotiation of outsourcing agreements
- A wide variety of clients with respect to cloud computing agreements
- A number of financial institutions with large scale outsourcing and enterprise scale technology implementations
- Telecommunications companies in negotiating extensive, long-term outsourcing and commercial agreements, in a number of cases in support of the sales or acquisitions of business units