Selected Rankings and Accolades
Goodmans is internationally recognized as one of Canada’s pre-eminent business law firms. Based in Toronto, the firm has market-leading expertise in M&A, corporate and transaction finance, private equity, real estate, tax, restructuring, litigation and other business-related specialties.
The firm represents a broad range of Canadian and foreign clients, from entrepreneurial businesses to multinational corporations, financial institutions, private equity firms, pension funds and governments and has a reputation for handling challenging problems, often international in scope, that demand creative solutions.
Our lawyers are consistently recognized by leading industry arbiters, and in various surveys of clients and peers conducted by Lexpert, Lexpert/American Lawyer Media, Chambers and Partners, Euromoney, International Financial Law Review, Law Business Research, Best Lawyers in Canada and The Legal 500.
Below is a sampling of our recent accolades:
- The 2015 Lexpert/American Lawyer Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada lists 26 Goodmans partners among the leading Canadian lawyers excelling in 19 practice areas of law.
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2015 recognizes 70 Goodmans lawyers as being top-tier in their fields and leaders in 32 distinct areas of law.
- Chambers Global Guide to the World’s Leading Lawyers 2015 ranks 42 individual Goodmans lawyers among Canada’s finest. Goodmans’ Restructuring/Insolvency Group stands alone as Number 1 in Canada for the 14th consecutive year and for the last eight years our Real Estate Group has also been ranked top-tier. Goodmans was also named a leading law firm in the areas of Corporate/M&A, Dispute Resolution: Class Action (Defence), Dispute Resolution: Ontario, Tax and Telecoms, Media and Broadcasting.
- The 2015 International Financial Law Review 1000 ranks our Capital Markets, M&A and Restructuring and Insolvency practices top tier and also recognizes our strength in Banking and Finance and Project Finance.
- The Best Lawyers in Canada 2015 ranks 83 Goodmans lawyers across 37 practice areas, as among the best lawyers in Canada.
- The Legal 500 Canada (2015) recognizes Goodmans in 13 practice areas. The firm was ranked Tier 1 in the areas of Capital Markets, Corporate/M&A, Real Estate and Restructuring and Insolvency. Goodmans’ Restructuring/Insolvency Group stands alone again as Number 1 in Canada.
- Who’s Who Legal: Canada 2014 recognizes 27 Goodmans lawyers across 15 practice areas, as among the best lawyers in Canada.
- Benchmark Canada: The Guide to Canada’s Leading Litigation Firms and Attorneys (2015) has ranked Goodmans in their top category, Highly Recommended, in Ontario and has also recognized 7 of the firm’s litigators as “Local Litigation Stars” and 3 as “Future Stars”.