Selected Rankings and Accolades
Goodmans is recognized as one of Canada’s leading business law firms offering market leading expertise in specialties such as mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, securities, corporate/commercial, banking and finance, private equity, REITs and income securities, tax planning, restructurings, litigation and commercial real estate. Founded in 1917, Goodmans has offices in Toronto and Vancouver with over 200 lawyers.
Goodmans provides a complete range of legal advice and representation to domestic and foreign business clients ranging from entrepreneurial businesses to multinational corporations, financial institutions, pension funds and governments across a wide range of industries.
Our lawyers are consistently recognized by leading industry arbiters, and in various surveys of clients and peers conducted by Lexpert, Lexpert/American Lawyer Media, Chambers and Partners, The Legal 500 Canada, Euromoney, International Financial Law Review, Law Business Research and Best Lawyers in Canada.
Below is a sampling of our recent accolades:
- The Lexpert/American Lawyer Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada (2013 edition) lists 27 Goodmans partners among the leading Canadian lawyers excelling in 18 practice areas of law.
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2013 recognizes 61 Goodmans lawyers as being top-tier in their fields and leaders in 30 distinct areas of law.
- Chambers Global’s Guide to the World’s Leading Lawyers 2013 ranks 41 individual Goodmans lawyers among Canada’s finest. Goodmans’ Restructuring/Insolvency Group stands alone as Number 1 in Canada for the 12th consecutive year and the Corporate M&A, Real Estate and Telecommunications practices are also ranked top-tier.
- In 2008 and 2009, Goodmans was named “National Law Firm of the Year for Canada” at International Financial Law Review’s Americas Awards.
- The 2014 International Financial Law Review 1000 ranks our restructuring and insolvency and mergers and acquisitions practices top tier and also recognizes our strength in capital markets and bank lending.
- The Best Lawyers in Canada 2014 ranks 73 Goodmans lawyers across 33 practice areas, as among the best lawyers in Canada.
- Benchmark Canada: The Guide to Canada’s Leading Litigation Firms and Attorneys (2013) has ranked Goodmans litigation group in their top category and has recognized eight Goodmans litigators as "Litigation Stars" and two as "Future Stars".
- The inaugural edition of The Legal 500 Canada recognizes Goodmans lawyers in 12 of the guide's 15 practice areas. The firm was also listed as top tier in the areas of: Restructuring and Insolvency and Real Estate.