Selected Rankings and Accolades
Goodmans is internationally recognized as one of Canada’s pre-eminent business law firms. Based in Toronto, the firm has market-leading expertise in M&A, corporate and transaction finance, private equity, real estate, tax, restructuring, litigation and other business-related specialties.
The firm represents a broad range of Canadian and foreign clients, from entrepreneurial businesses to multinational corporations, financial institutions, private equity firms, pension funds and governments and has a reputation for handling challenging problems, often international in scope, that demand creative solutions.
Our lawyers are consistently recognized by leading industry arbiters, and in various surveys of clients and peers conducted by Lexpert, Lexpert/American Lawyer Media, Chambers and Partners, Euromoney, International Financial Law Review, Law Business Research, Best Lawyers in Canada and The Legal 500.
Below is a sampling of our recent accolades:
- In 2017, Goodmans was named Canada’s Law Firm of the Year at the International Financial Law Review's 12th annual Americas awards. IFLR 1000 also ranks our Capital Markets, M&A and Restructuring and Insolvency practices top tier and also recognizes our strength in Banking and Finance and Project Finance.
- Chambers Global 2018 ranks 33 individual Goodmans lawyers among Canada’s finest. Goodmans Restructuring Group is the only team ranked by Chambers Global as the #1 restructuring practice in Canada for the seventeenth year in a row. Goodmans was also named a leading law firm in the areas of Banking & Finance, Capital Markets, Corporate/M&A, Dispute Resolution, Information Technology, Intellectual Property, Tax and Telecoms, and Media and Broadcasting.
- Chambers Canada 2019 ranks 52 lawyers among Canada's finest, including 18 Band 1 rankings.
- The Best Lawyers in Canada 2019 ranks 90 Goodmans lawyers across 40 practice areas, as among the best lawyers in Canada. Goodmans was also named "Law Firm of the Year” for Real Estate and Insolvency and Financial Restructuring Law (third year in a row).
- The 2018 Lexpert/American Lawyer Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada lists 23 Goodmans partners among the leading Canadian lawyers excelling in 18 practice areas of law.
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2019 recognizes 78 Goodmans lawyers as being top-tier in their fields and leaders in 31 distinct areas of law.
- The Legal 500 Canada (2019) recognizes Goodmans in 15 practice areas. The firm was ranked Tier 1 in the areas of Corporate/M&A, Media & Entertainment, Real Estate and Restructuring and Insolvency. Goodmans’ Restructuring/Insolvency Group stands alone again as Number #1 in Canada.
- Who’s Who Legal: Canada 2018 recognizes 44 Goodmans lawyers across 16 practice areas, as among the best lawyers in Canada.
- Benchmark Canada: The Guide to Canada’s Leading Litigation Firms and Attorneys (2018) has ranked Goodmans in their top category, Highly Recommended, in Ontario and has also recognized eight of the firm’s litigators as “Litigation Stars” and one as a “Future Star”.