Selected Rankings and Accolades
Goodmans is recognized as one of Canada’s pre-eminent business law firms, offering market leading expertise in M&A, corporate and transaction finance, private equity, REITs and income securities, real estate, tax, restructuring, litigation and other business-related specialties. Goodmans has offices in Toronto and Vancouver with over 200 lawyers.
The firm represents a broad range of Canadian and foreign clients, from entrepreneurial businesses to multinational corporations, financial institutions, private equity firms, pension funds and governments and has a reputation for handling challenging problems, often international in scope, that demand creative solutions.
Our lawyers are consistently recognized by leading industry arbiters, and in various surveys of clients and peers conducted by Lexpert, Lexpert/American Lawyer Media, Chambers and Partners, Euromoney, International Financial Law Review, Law Business Research, Best Lawyers in Canada and The Legal 500.
Below is a sampling of our recent accolades:
- The 2014 Lexpert/American Lawyer Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada lists 27 Goodmans partners among the leading Canadian lawyers excelling in 19 practice areas of law.
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2014 recognizes 70 Goodmans lawyers as being top-tier in their fields and leaders in 33 distinct areas of law.
- Chambers Global’s Guide to the World’s Leading Lawyers 2014 ranks 45 individual Goodmans lawyers among Canada’s finest. Goodmans’ Restructuring/Insolvency Group stands alone as Number 1 in Canada for the 13th consecutive year and for the last six years our Real Estate Group has also been ranked top-tier. Goodmans was also named a leading law firm in the areas of Corporate/M&A, Dispute Resolution: Class Action (Defence), Dispute Resolution: Ontario, Tax and Telecoms, Media and Broadcasting.
- The 2014 International Financial Law Review 1000 ranks Goodmans restructuring and insolvency and mergers and acquisitions practices top tier and also recognizes our strength in capital markets and bank lending.
- The Best Lawyers in Canada 2014 ranks 75 Goodmans lawyers across 34 practice areas, as among the best lawyers in Canada.
- The inaugural edition of The Legal 500 Canada recognizes Goodmans lawyers in 12 of the guide's 15 practice areas. The firm was also listed as top tier in the areas of Restructuring and Insolvency and Real Estate.
- Benchmark Canada: The Guide to Canada’s Leading Litigation Firms and Attorneys (2014) ranks Goodmans in their top category and recognizes nine of its litigators among Canada’s leading litigation lawyers. These lawyers were awarded a total of 15 “Litigation Star”, 7 “Local Litigation Star” and 2 “Future Star” rankings.