Allan Goodman is a partner in a business law group, and co-heads the Technology Group at Goodmans. His practice focuses on corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance and regulatory compliance matters.
Allan acts for a broad range of issuers and underwriters on corporate finance transactions, including public offerings and private placements. Allan also provides advice to boards of directors and special committees with respect to governance and compliance matters.
Allan leads the firm’s emerging business initiative, in its role as “legal counsel in residence” at the DMZ at Ryerson University, one of Canada’s largest business incubators for emerging tech startups. Through this initiative, Allan provides legal advice and mentorship to some of Canada’s most promising startups.
Allan’s representative work includes acting for:
- Match Group with respect to its acquisition of PlentyOfFish Media Inc., a Canadian internet dating service
- Ceridian HCM Holding Inc., a global human capital management software company, in its initial public offering of common shares
- Eventbrite in connection with its acquisition of Picatic, a Canadian online ticketing company
- HomeAdvisor.com, a subsidiary of IAC/InterActiveCorp, with respect to its acquisition of HomeStars, the leading Canadian home services platform connecting homeowners with service providers
- Cura Partners in connection with its convertible debenture financing
- underwriters in connection with various H&R REIT equity and debenture offerings
- National Bank, as lead underwriter for a bought deal for Solium Capital Inc.
- the syndicate of agents in OMERS Realty Corporation's private placement of debentures
- underwriters in connection with a bought deal offering of common shares by Mogo Finance Technology Inc.
- ArcTern Ventures in connection with its interest in GreenMantra Technologies
- Cura Partners in connection with its $1 billion sale to Curaleaf and the sale of its CBD business to Sentia Wellness
- Gluskin Sheff + Associates Inc. in connection with its $450 million sale to Onex Corporation
- Brookfield Residential Properties Inc. in its going private transaction with Brookfield Asset Management Inc.
Allan is recognized as a leading lawyer in Canada by The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory and by Best Lawyers in Canada.
Law Society of Ontario
Canadian Bar Association