Cyber Security Essentials for In-House Counsel
|Lawyer||Victor Liu, Peter Ruby|
In-house counsel need to be prepared to answer questions and advise management and boards with respect to critical aspects of cyber strategy including regulatory, HR, insurance, and litigation risk.
This session will bring you up to date about the cyber risks faced by your organization and techniques for mitigating those risks. Our expert panel will discuss your top of mind cyber topics, such as:
- Current cyber landscape and threats including:
- Structure of the “hacking” industry
- Bug bounties
- Social hacking
- Multi-faced prophylactic approaches
- Mitigation strategies and security incident response plans
- Dealing with demands for ransom
- Understanding and negotiating cyber insurance
- Legal obligations to disclose a breach
- A GDPR primer for Canadians
Peter Ruby, Partner, Goodmans LLP
Jennifer Drake, Vice President and Legal Consultant, Aon Canada in the Financial Services Group
Daniel Greenberg, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary, SAP Canada
Joseph Khunaysir, Founder, President and CTO, Jolera Inc.
Victor Liu, Partner, Goodmans LLP
Original Program Date:
November 22, 2017
1.5 Professionalism Hours
For more information, email CPD@goodmans.ca or contact Sandra Montanino at 416.597.4156
For Members of the Ontario Bar:
Viewing archived webcasts, video replays, or other recorded program formats without a colleague is eligible towards the LSO's annual CPD requirement for up to 6 hours per calendar year. You are not subject to the 6 hour cap if you view it with a colleague. This Goodmans Presents archive can be counted toward your CPD Hours.
To report watching this archived recording in your LSO Portal:
1. Log in to the LSO Portal, and click on "CPD" from the left hand navigation menu.
2. Click on the "Add" button found just below your summary of hours in the Details section.
3. Activity Type: Select "CPD Program or Course" from the drop down menu.
4. Fill in the fields as follows:
Area of Law: Ethics, Professional Responsibility and/or Practice Management
Program Name: Cyber Security Essentials for In-House Counsel
Provider: Association of Corporate Counsel and Goodmans LLP
Start and End Date: [Insert Date Viewed]
- Substantive Hours: 0
- Substantive Minutes: 0
- Professionalism Hours: 1
- Professionalism Minutes: 30
- EDI Hours: 0
- EDI Minutes: 0
Other Information: : Solo viewing of an archived webinar program moderated by P. Ruby, Goodmans LLP with J. Drake, Aon Canada, D. Greenberg, SAP Canada, J. Khunaysir, Jolera Inc. and V. Liu, Goodmans LLP discussing the cyber risks facing organizations and techniques to mitigate those risks [Insert Time Viewed].
5. Click “Submit” and confirm “Yes” to the entry.
When you select "CPD" from the left hand column, you will see the program in your list of CPD activities and the time will be entered against your substantive hours requirement.
For your reference, the LSO Record Keeping Standards can be found here.