Goodmans Presents: Navigating the “Mind”field of Disclosure Obligations
|Lawyer||David Conklin, William (Bill) Gorman, Brad Ross|
Recent experiences with Home Capital Group and other issuers highlight the importance of making appropriate disclosure of material facts and changes. Determining what constitutes a material fact or a material change can be difficult. These decisions can attract the attention of the OSC and plaintiff class action counsel creating exposures for the issuer and for directors and officers.
Join us to discuss these issues with leading practitioners at Goodmans and Senior Counsel from the OSC’s Enforcement Branch:
- When is a change a material change that requires disclosure?
- When does the OSC become interested in an issuer’s disclosure decisions?
- How has the OSC’s whistleblower policy affected the OSC’s review of disclosure decisions?
- How should issuers respond to OSC enquiries about the adequacy of disclosure?
- What liability risks can arise from having to respond to the OSC’s questions about disclosure?
Bill Gorman, Partner, Goodmans LLP
Original Program Date
Thursday, October 12, 2017
1 Substantive Hour
For more information, email CPD@goodmans.ca or contacts Sandra Montanino at 416.597.4156
For Members of the Ontario Bar:
Viewing archived webcasts, video replays, or other recorded program formats without a colleague is eligible towards the LSO's annual CPD requirement for up to 6 hours per calendar year. You are not subject to the 6 hour cap if you view it with a colleague. This Goodmans Presents archive can be counted toward your CPD Hours.
To report watching this archived recording in your LSO Portal:
1. Log in to the LSO Portal, and click on "CPD" from the left hand navigation menu.
2. Click on the "Add" button found just below your summary of hours in the Details section.
3. Activity Type: Select "CPD Program or Course" from the drop down menu.
4. Fill in the fields as follows:
Area of Law: Securities Law
Program Name: Navigating the “Mind”field of Disclosure Obligations
Provider: Goodmans LLP
Start and End Date: [Insert Date Viewed]
- Substantive Hours: 1
- Substantive Minutes: 0
- Professionalism Hours: 0
- Professionalism Minutes: 0
- EDI Hours: 0
- EDI Minutes: 0
Other Information: Solo viewing of a webinar panel discussion moderated by W. Gorman of Goodmans LLP on the topic of disclosure obligations for issuers with J. Lynch of the OSC, D. Conklin and B. Ross of Goodmans LLP. [Insert Time Viewed]
5. Click “Submit” and confirm “Yes” to the entry.
When you select "CPD" from the left hand column, you will see the program in your list of CPD activities and the time will be entered against your substantive hours requirement.
For your reference, the LSO Record Keeping Standards can be found here.