Goodmans ePresents: Taking the Reins on Climate Change: Risks, Obligations and Opportunities
|Lawyer||William (Bill) Gorman, Peter Kolla|
Tuesday, May 31st, 2022
12:00 pm - 1:00pm ET
Live webinar via Zoom
The impacts of climate change are broad and far-reaching and have now undeniably made their way to many of the country's boardrooms. Organizations must continually stay on top of new and evolving climate-related risks, including legal and litigation risks, and increasing regulatory disclosure requirements. In addition, organizations that are thriving amidst increased stakeholder scrutiny on climate change issues, are optimizing the opportunities by thinking pragmatically and strategically.
If you are an officer, director, or lawyer who advises them, we invite you to attend this practical session for an overview of how organizations are successfully addressing the risks, obligations and opportunities associated with climate change and positioning themselves for success.
- Identifying key climate-related risks to your organization and understanding how they practically impact your organization
- An overview of climate-related litigation in Canada and international trends that you should be aware of
- Current and upcoming regulatory disclosure obligations [e.g. CSA (Canadian Securities Administrators), SEC (Securities Exchange Commission), ISSB (International Sustainability Standards Board)] and how to prepare your organization
- Developing a strategy and narrative for your organization (regardless of the stage on its climate change journey), that will appeal to investors and other stakeholders
Bill Gorman, Partner, Goodmans LLP
- Peter Kolla, Partner, Goodmans LLP
- Sarah Keyes, CEO, ESG Global Advisors Inc.
- Jennifer Suess, SVP, GC & Corporate Secretary, RioCan REIT
Click here to learn more about our panel.
To register for this event, please click here.