Michael Partridge at the LSUC Securities Law Update 2016
|Area||Corporate Finance and Securities, Shareholder Rights and Activism|
Donald Lamont Learning Centre
130 Queen Street West
Thursday, November 17, 2016
9:25am - 9:55am: Shareholder Activism
Speaker: Michael Partridge, Partner, Goodmans LLP
What's changed in securities law? For a start, online information at our fingertips and the availability of (apparently) straightforward online financing methods. It can be a challenge to keep up with financing products that seem to cater to your clients' needs but can bring a host of legal issues for your consideration. As well, you'll want to know about embedded sales commissions, and to stay abreast of the latest developments in crowdfunding (including the rules that came into force January 25, 2016). Look no further than this program's presenters, who address all the issues that you've heard about, plus some you haven't.
- Obtain insight into recent class action and securities litigation
- Learn about the latest developments affecting M & A transactions
- Get an update on investment funds, adviser, and dealer regulation
- Benefit from a new analysis of Special Purpose Acquisition Companies (SPACs)
- Determine the right approach to shareholder activism
Click here for more information.