Peter Ruby at The Fifteenth Annual Canadian IT Law Association Conference
October 27 - 28, 2011
Marriott Toronto Bloor Yorkville Hotel
Thursday, October 27, 2011
2:15 pm - 3:45 pm: Dispute Resolution Information Technolology
Speaker: Peter Ruby, Partner, Goodmans LLP
This session will cover:
- Pros and cons of mediation, arbitration and litigation
- Benefits of alternative dispute resolution (ADR)
- What makes ADR suitable for some cases and not others?
- Why is ADR not used more often for technology disputes?
- Effective arbitration, escalation and mediation clauses for IT contracts
- Picking the right neutral and managing the process