Richard Corley moderates “International Technology Law Update: Mastering the New Standard Contractual Clauses“ at the 2021 Can-Tech Law Annual Conference
2021 Can-Tech Law Annual Conference
International Technology Law Update: Mastering the New Standard Contractual Clauses
Day 2 – Thursday, October 21, 2021 @ 12:20 pm
Moderator: Richard Corley, Partner, Goodmans LLP
In light of the CJEU judgment in Data Protection Commissioner v. Facebook Ireland and Maximillian Schrems, this year, the European Commission published new standard contractual clauses for transferring personal data from the EU to third countries pursuant to the GDPR. These must be used from 27 September 2021 instead of the old Standard Contractual Clauses and all current contracts must be updated by 31 December 2022. The UK has also published similar draft documents which remain under consultation.
Explore these topics and ask questions of our expert panel on:
- Risks for failure to comply with international data transfer rules
- Common scenarios
- Structure of the new Standard Contractual Clauses (SCCs)
- How to complete and use the new SCCs
- Strategic decisions to make to complete the new SCCs
- How to incorporate the new SCCs into contracts
- Applicability of the new SCCs to the UK
- Schrems II requirements
Ensure compliance with international laws affecting your clients.
Please click here for more information.