Sheldon Freeman at the Canadian Institute’s 11th Annual In-House Counsel Congress
|Area||Corporate Finance and Securities|
November 22, 2007
1:45 Working with Special Committees: The Crucial Role of In-House Counsel
Speaker: Sheldon Freeman, Goodmans LLP
This session will cover:
- When and why should a Special Committee be considered?
- What should internal counsel do when a Special Committee is required?
- What is the role of internal counsel in the composition of the Special Committee?
- How should the Special Committee, board, management and Counsel interact?
- What is the role of:
- Internal counsel
- Regular external counsel
- Counsel to the Special Committee
- What role does internal counsel have with financial advisor?
- How do things change in a litigation context?
- Practical tips for an effective process
The Canadian Institute’s 11th Annual In-House Counsel Congress
November 22-23, 2007
The Sutton Place Hotel, Toronto