Stephen Halperin at the Global Competition Review's 2nd Annual Foreign Investment Conference
|Area||Mergers and Acquisitions, Competition, Antitrust and Foreign Investment|
World Trade Center
New York, New York
Friday, June 13, 2014
2:45 pm: Session four: Deal planning and management in cross-border mergers
Panelist: Stephen Halperin, Partner, Goodmans LLP
This session will cover:
- Broadening the radar for deal planning: increasing the breadth of procedural and substantive aspects of deal planning
- Planning and executing cross-border mergers with minimal surprises
- Deal planning strategies to allocate antitrust and foreign investment risk in cross-border mergers
- What happens when the clearance process detours?
- What constitutes best practices?
- When and how to use effectively government and public relations support
- Broadening the radar for deal-planning from the perspective of the corporate lawyer and the investment banker
- Diligence best practices in cases that may raise national security issues
Click here for more information.