Manager, Billings & Receivables
We are a law firm like no other – a leading, growing business law firm with a small-firm feel. We are a community of committed, talented, hardworking professionals who are motivated by exceeding our clients’ expectations.
We know your career is important to you and it's important to us, too!
As a member of the Goodmans team:
- You enjoy contributing to and leading a team!
- You are interested in project management!
- You are constantly streamlining processes!
- You understand our business!
- You propel the firm’s culture!
As a Manager, Billings & Receivables, your typical day includes (but is not limited to) the following:
- Coaching, mentoring and managing performance of direct reports (approximately 7-10 team members);
- Supervising all phases of the revenue cycle including new client intake, billing, and collections;
- Providing weekly reporting to the Managing Director and the Director, Finance on status of significant and/or at risk Work In Progress (“WIP”) and accounts receivables;
- Documenting and reviewing revenue cycle processes, procedures and internal controls;
- Evaluating and improving current procedures to maximize efficiencies;
- Building client relationships and ensuring high level of client service;
- Managing revenue and collection targets and preparing allowance for doubtful accounts;
- Reviewing month-end reports, including accounts receivables and WIP reports;
- Overseeing the tracking of special rate arrangements and ensuring compliance with outside counsel guidelines;
- Communicating changes to firm members and providing training;
- Preparing ad hoc reports and analysis related to client and matter realization; and
- Other duties as assigned.
You are someone with:
- A university degree or equivalency;
- A Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation;
- 5-10 years of relevant experience within a professional services environment;
- 5+ years of experience leading a team;
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office applications including Word, Adobe, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Proficiency in role-specific software, including SQL databases; and
- Solid written & verbal communication skills, a self-starter with a strong work ethic, and a team player with excellent client service skills.
Goodmans LLP invites applications from all qualified candidates. Goodmans LLP is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
Closing Date: October 21, 2020
To apply for this position, please click here.