Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Bram Green is a partner at Goodmans. His practice focuses on commercial real estate, with a particular emphasis on acquisitions and divestitures, mixed-use development, joint ventures and hospitality.
He frequently advises REIT’s, foreign investors, pension funds and pension fund advisors and many of Canada’s largest real estate development firms.
Bram’s significant transactional experience includes:
- counsel for InnVest Hotels in connection with its acquisition of several marquee hotel properties, including, the St. Regis Toronto (formerly Trump Tower Toronto), the Fairmont Vancouver Airport Hotel and the Marriott Ottawa Hotel;
- counsel for Leadon Investment Inc. in connection with its first Canadian acquisition, namely, the $1 billion acquisition of the SilverBirch Hotel Portfolio from a Canadian pension fund manager;
- counsel for RioCan REIT, Allied Properties REIT and Diamondcorp in connection with their acquisition and subseqeunt development of the approximately 3 million square foot mixed use commercial/residential development known as “The Well” and their subsequent disposition of the residential component to Tridel Builders Inc. and Woodbourne Canada Partners III (CA) LP;
- counsel for RioCan REIT in connection with its approximately $1 billion purchase of Kimco Realty Inc.’s co-ownership interest in their jointly owned Canadian retail portfolio;
- counsel for Oxford Properties Corporation in connection with its acquisition of the Park Hyatt Toronto;
- counsel for Oxford Properties Corporation in connection with its disposition of 2 Bloor Street and Cumberland Terrace;
- counsel for Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation in connection with the modernization of its land based casino gaming facilities;
- counsel for Bentall Kennedy in connection with its acquisition of numerous properties, including, most recently, 185 William Smith Drive, Whitby; 520 Bingemans Centre Drive, Kitchener; 6600 Financial Drive, Mississauga and Westside Marketplace, Waterloo;
- counsel for Context Development Inc. and Metropia Inc. in connection with the Lawrence Heights revitalization project;
- counsel for RioCan REIT in connection with its real estate growth opportunity joint venture with Hudson’s Bay Company.
Bram is recognized annually as a leading lawyer in Best Lawyers in Canada, The Legal 500 Canada, Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory and Chambers Canada.
|Education|| Osgoode Hall Law School (LL.B., 1997)
University of Western Ontario (B.A., 1994)
Canadian Bar Association
|Year of Call||