Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Celia Rhea is a partner in a business law group at Goodmans. Her practice encompasses corporate advice, financing, leveraged buyouts, private equity, mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and restructuring.
Celia works with companies, private equity funds and hedge funds in financing and corporate transactions, including in the restructuring context, to find creative solutions to unique challenges in collaboration with clients and other professionals.
Celia’s representative work includes acting for:
- Penfund Capital in its $100 million 2nd lien credit facility to Goodlife Fitness
- Carlyle Group in its $225 million credit facility to Empire Communities
- Brookfield Principal Credit in its US$650 million credit facility to Bumble Bee Foods
- Onex Corporation in its acquisition of WestJet Airlines Ltd. for CDN$5 billion
- Berkshire Partners LLC in connection with its investment in VetStrategy and Groupe Daubigny, Canada’s leading and largest operator of veterinary clinics
- Roots Canada in the sale of majority ownership to Searchlight Capital
- Counsel to the Ad Hoc Committee of Lenders of Cirque du Soleil in the successful global transaction valued at approximately US$1.215 billion
- Toys ‘R’ Us Canada in its $300 million sale to Fairfax Financial Holdings
- Noteholders of Frontera Energy (f/k/a Pacific Exploration & Development Corporation) in Frontera’s US$5.4 billion restructuring
Celia has been recognized by IFLR1000 as Canadian Lawyer of the Year for Banking and in their Women Leaders 2022 guide as one of the most prominent female lawyers working in Canada. Celia is also recognized as a leading lawyer by various legal publications including Lexpert, Chambers, IFLR 1000, The Legal 500 Canada, The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, Who's Who Legal and Best Lawyers in Canada in the areas of Banking and Finance Law, Corporate, M&A, Leveraged Buyouts, Private Equity and Restructuring.
Celia served as a director of People for Education from 2011 to 2018.
|Education|| McGill University (LL.B., 1984)
University of Western Ontario (B.A., Huron College, 1980)
Law Society of Ontario
|Year of Call||