Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Curtis Lahey is an associate in a Business Law group at Goodmans. His practice focuses on corporate and securities law. He acts for both public and private companies, with a particular emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, public offerings, debt and equity financings, private placements and corporate reorganizations. In addition, Curtis advises clients on corporate governance, securities regulatory compliance, continuous disclosure obligations, as well as general corporate and commercial matters.
Before joining Goodmans, Curtis practised corporate and securities law at another prominent Canadian firm.
Curtis’ recent transactional experience includes representing:
- CanWel Building Materials Group Ltd. in connection with a $86 million bought deal equity offering and a $325 million offering of senior unsecured notes
- a U.S. private equity firm on its C$114M investment in a leading Canadian fintech company
- the underwriters in the initial public offering of a multi-national auto parts supplier
- a TSX listed mining company on its US$5B at-market merger of equals with another TSX listed mining company by way of plan of arrangement
- a NASDAQ listed global entertainment company on its all-cash C$5.3B acquisition of all of the outstanding shares of an independent Canadian entertainment studio
- a TSX listed mining company on its US$1.1B acquisition of another TSX listed mining company by way of plan of arrangement
- a large Canadian institutional investment manager in connection with various acquisitions and strategic transactions
- various issuers and underwriters in connection with their public offerings, private placements and public company matters
Curtis currently serves on the Governance Committee for Golf Canada, the National Sports Federation and governing body for golf in Canada.
|Education|| Queen's University (Doctor of Law (J.D.), 2016)
Queen's University (M.B.A., 2015)
Eckerd College (B.A., 2012)
Law Society of Ontario
|Year of Call||