Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Ida is an associate in a business law group at Goodmans. She is developing her practice in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, securities law, corporate law, banking and finance law and technology law.
Ida’s representative work includes acting for:
- Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLG) in the preparation of gaming agreements with various gaming providers.
- Various emerging businesses, including in the eSports, HealthTech, EdTech and retail industries in connection with equity financings, licensing arrangements and general corporate and commercial matters.
- Various financial services market participants, including virtual currency market participants, in the preparation and review of commercial agreements and corporate policies with respect to anti-money laundering and terrorist financing regulatory requirements (under the Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act and associated regulations) and financial consumer disclosure requirements (under the Code of Conduct for the Credit and Debit Card Industry in Canada).
- Syndicates of bilateral lenders in connection with revolving operating facilities provided to Brookfield Infrastructure Partners, Brookfield Energy Partners, Brookfield Business Partners and other affiliated entities.
- Andlauer Healthcare Group Inc. in connection with the financing of its successful acquisition of all the outstanding shares of Skelton Canada Inc. and 49% of the outstanding shares of Skelton USA Inc.
- Onex Corporation in connection with the financing of its acquisition of WestJet Airlines Ltd. for CDN $5 billion.
Before joining Goodmans, Ida graduated cum laude from the University of Ottawa with a Specialization in Law and Technology. She was selected to research AI technologies with the Canada Research Chair in Ethics, Law, and Technology for three years and helped advise key government and technology bodies, including the Royal Canadian Navy, Transport Canada, the Department of National Defence and two Standing Committees at Parliament and Senate levels regarding various privacy and technology matters. During her last year of law school, she completed a research placement in California with the Faculty Co-Director of the Berkeley Center for Law & Technology at UC Berkeley.
Prior to law school, Ida graduated from McGill University, where she received numerous community awards and recognitions, including the McGill Scarlet Key. During her final year of studies, she was appointed by Principal and Vice-chancellor Suzanne Fortier and Professor Krzysztof Pelc to serve as Special Ambassador to former UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon.
|Education|| University of Ottawa (J.D. (Specialization in Law & Technology), 2019)
McGill University (B.A. (Political Science, World Islamic & Middle East Studies, Communication Studies), 2016)
Law Society of Ontario
|Year of Call||