Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Jaclyn Tilak is an associate in the Litigation Group at Goodmans. Her practice focuses on commercial litigation, with an emphasis on intellectual property disputes.
Jaclyn has been counsel on a number of cases involving the Patented Medicines (Notice of Compliance) Regulations, and patent validity and infringement. Jaclyn has appeared before the Federal Court and the Federal Court of Appeal.
Jaclyn’s representative work includes acting for:
- Apotex Inc. in a successful challenge to the validity of a patent relating to the dosing of Eli Lilly’s ED medication (Eli Lilly v Apotex, 2020 FC 816)
- Apotex Inc. in a successful challenge to the validity and infringement of a patent relating to a process to make an intermediate of the active ingredient in Eli Lilly’s ED medication (Eli Lilly v Apotex, 2020 FC 814)
- Evolution Technologies Inc. in a successful appeal of a trial judgment enjoining the sale of Evolution’s mobility-aiding walkers and awarding financial remedies on account of patent infringement (Evolution Technologies v Human Care Canada, 2019 FCA 209)
- Evolution Technologies Inc. in successfully staying a trial judgment awarding financial remedies, pending the outcome of an appeal (Evolution Technologies v Human Care Canada, 2019 FCA 11)
- Apotex Inc. in patent infringement actions and actions under the Patented Medicines (Notice of Compliance) Regulations
Jaclyn volunteers with Pro Bono Ontario, providing summary legal advice to Ontarians in need.
Jaclyn is recognized as a “Rising Star” in the area of Intellectual Property by The Legal 500 Canada.
|Education|| Western University (J.D., 2016)
Queen's University (B.Sc., Chemical Engineering, First Class Honours, 2013)
Law Society of Ontario
|Year of Call||