Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Niki Kermani is an associate in a business law group at Goodmans. She is developing her practice in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, securities, corporate governance, as well as general corporate and commercial law. In 2018, she completed a secondment to Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts.
Before joining Goodmans, Niki received her JD from the University of Toronto Faculty of Law. While at law school, Niki spent a semester abroad at the Center for Transnational Legal Studies in London, England and received a Certificate in Transnational Legal Studies. Before attending law school, Niki received her MPhil from the University of Cambridge, where she was a member of the Cambridge Union, and completed an internship at the Academic Council on the United Nations System.
Niki’s representative work includes acting for:
- Newmont Goldcorp Corporation, formerly Newmont Mining Corporation, in its US$10 billion acquisition of Goldcorp Inc.
- Newmont Goldcorp Corporation in its successful creation of the world’s largest gold joint venture in Nevada with Barrick Gold Corporation.
- Onex Corporation in its CDN$5 billion acquisition of WestJet Airlines Ltd.
- A pharmaceutical company in a royalty rights offering with Morgan Stanley & Co. LLC as placement agent.
- Cineplex Inc. in its CND$316 million offering of 5.75% convertible unsecured subordinated debentures.
- A portfolio company of Wind Point Partners in its acquisition of the personal care business of KIK Custom Products Inc.
- A syndicate of underwriters led by Canaccord Genuity Corp. in the initial public offering of Pivotree Inc. on the TSX Venture Exchange.
|Education|| University of Toronto (JD, 2017)
University of Cambridge (MPhil, 2014)
Wilfrid Laurier University (BA, 2013)
Law Society of Ontario
|Year of Call||