Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Niki Kermani’s practice focuses corporate and securities law matters, with an emphasis on capital markets transactions and mergers and acquisitions. She’s been involved in a wide range of public and private M&A transactions and public equity and debt offerings, include initial public offerings. In 2018, she completed a secondment to Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts.
Before joining Goodmans, Niki received her JD from the University of Toronto Faculty of Law. While at law school, Niki spent a semester abroad at the Center for Transnational Legal Studies in London, England and received a Certificate in Transnational Legal Studies. Before attending law school, Niki received her MPhil from the University of Cambridge, where she was a member of the Cambridge Union, and completed an internship at the Academic Council on the United Nations System.
Niki’s representative work includes acting for:
- Newmont Corporation in its US$10 billion acquisition of Goldcorp Inc.
- Newmont Corporation in its successful creation of the world’s largest gold joint venture in Nevada with Barrick Gold Corporation.
- Onex Corporation in its C$5 billion acquisition of WestJet Airlines Ltd.
- a pharmaceutical company in a royalty rights offering with Morgan Stanley & Co. LLC as placement agent.
- Cineplex Inc. in its C$316 million offering of 5.75% convertible unsecured subordinated debentures.
- a portfolio company of Wind Point Partners in its acquisition of the personal care business of KIK Custom Products Inc.
- a syndicate of underwriters led by Canaccord Genuity Corp. in the initial public offering of Pivotree Inc. on the TSX Venture Exchange.
- a syndicate of underwriters led by National Bank Financial Inc. in the initial public offering of Loop Energy Inc. on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
|Education|| University of Toronto (JD, 2017)
University of Cambridge (MPhil, 2014)
Wilfrid Laurier University (BA, 2013)
Law Society of Ontario
|Year of Call||