Selected Rankings and Accolades
Goodmans is internationally recognized as one of Canada’s pre-eminent business law firms. Based in Toronto, the firm has market-leading expertise in M&A, corporate and transaction finance, private equity, real estate, tax, restructuring, litigation and other business-related specialties.
The firm represents a broad range of Canadian and foreign clients, from entrepreneurial businesses to multinational corporations, financial institutions, private equity firms, pension funds and governments and has a reputation for handling challenging problems, often international in scope, that demand creative solutions.
Below are some of our recent accolades:
Chambers Global / Chambers Canada
- Chambers Global 2021 ranks 30 individual Goodmans lawyers among Canada’s finest. Goodmans was named a leading law firm in the areas of Corporate Restructuring, Banking & Finance, Capital Markets, Corporate/M&A, Dispute Resolution, Information Technology, Intellectual Property, Tax and Telecoms, and Media and Broadcasting.
- Chambers Canada 2022 ranks 67 lawyers among Canada's finest, including 12 Band 1 rankings across a wide range of practice areas.
- The 2021 Lexpert/American Lawyer Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada (Lexpert/ALM 500) recognizes 24 Goodmans lawyers as "Most Frequently Recommended" across 13 practice areas.
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2021 recognizes 86 Goodmans lawyers as being top-tier in their fields and leaders in 31 distinct areas of law.
The Legal 500
- The Legal 500 Canada 2021 Edition recognizes Goodmans in 16 practice areas. The firm was ranked Tier 1 in the areas of Corporate M&A, Entertainment, Real Estate and Restructuring.
International Financial Law Review
- IFLR1000 honours Goodmans as National Firm of the Year: Canada at the IFLR Americas Awards 2021.
- IFLR1000 names Goodmans Canada's Restructuring Firm of the Year and honours Goodmans partner, Celia Rhea as a Women Leader at the IFLR Americas Awards 2021.
- IFLR’s Rising Stars Awards 2021 Americas honours Karen Vadasz for her Banking & Finance practice as well as the Jurisdiction Award for Canada.
- IFLR1000 ranks our M&A and Restructuring and Insolvency practices top tier and also recognizes our strength in Banking and Finance, Capital Markets, Project Finance and Project Development.
- The regional firm rankings for IFLR1000 Canada ranks our Restructuring and Insolvency and M&A practices as top tier in Ontario and recognizes our strength in Capital Markets and Banking and Finance.
- The 16th edition of Best Lawyers in Canada 2022 ranks 100+ Goodmans lawyers, across 43 practice areas, and recognized Neil Sheehy and Monique McAlister as "Lawyer of the Year". Goodmans is also named "Law Firm of the Year" for our Real Estate Law practice.
- The Best Lawyers in Canada 2022 names 9 lawyers in their inaugural “Ones to Watch” list.
Who’s Who Legal
- Who’s Who Legal: Canada 2021 recognizes 42 Goodmans lawyers across 16 practice areas, as among the best lawyers in Canada.
Canada Law Awards
- Canadian Law Awards 2021 presented Goodmans with awards for Insolvency & Restructuring Deal of the Year, M&A Deal of the Year, Mid-Market Deal of the Year.
LMG Expert Guides
- The 2021 Global Expert Guides names 7 Goodmans partners as “Best of the Best” in their respective practice areas.
- The Women in Business Law Expert Guide 2021 honours 12 Goodmans partners as experts.
- The Banking, Finance and Transaction Expert Guide 2021 recognizes 17 Goodmans partners.
- Benchmark Canada: The Guide to Canada’s Leading Litigation Firms and Attorneys 2021 ranks Goodmans as Recommended in Ontario and also recognizes seven of the firm’s litigators as “Litigation Stars”.