Selected Rankings and Accolades
Goodmans is internationally recognized as one of Canada’s pre-eminent business law firms. Based in Toronto, the firm has market-leading expertise in M&A, corporate and transaction finance, private equity, real estate, tax, restructuring, litigation and other business-related specialties.
The firm represents a broad range of Canadian and foreign clients, from entrepreneurial businesses to multinational corporations, financial institutions, private equity firms, pension funds and governments and has a reputation for handling challenging problems, often international in scope, that demand creative solutions.
Below are some of our recent accolades:
Chambers Global / Chambers Canada
- Chambers Global 2021 ranks 30 individual Goodmans lawyers among Canada’s finest. Goodmans was named a leading law firm in the areas of Corporate Restructuring, Banking & Finance, Capital Markets, Corporate/M&A, Dispute Resolution, Information Technology, Intellectual Property, Tax and Telecoms, and Media and Broadcasting.
- Chambers Canada 2021 ranks 62 lawyers among Canada's finest, including 15 Band 1 rankings across a wide range of practice areas.
- The 2021 Lexpert/American Lawyer Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada (Lexpert/ALM 500) recognizes 24 Goodmans lawyers as "Most Frequently Recommended" across 13 practice areas.
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2021 recognizes 86 Goodmans lawyers as being top-tier in their fields and leaders in 31 distinct areas of law.
The Legal 500
- The Legal 500 Canada 2021 Edition recognizes Goodmans in 16 practice areas. The firm was ranked Tier 1 in the areas of Corporate M&A, Entertainment, Real Estate and Restructuring.
International Financial Law Review
- IFLR1000 honoured Goodmans with four awards at the inaugural 2020 IFLR1000 Canada Awards, including “Canada M&A Deal of the Year”, “Ontario Firm of the Year” and "British Columbia Impact Deal of the Year". IFLR1000 also honoured Goodmans partner, Stephen Pincus, as "Capital Markets Lawyer of the Year".
- The IFLR1000 ranks our M&A and Restructuring and Insolvency practices top tier and also recognizes our strength in Banking and Finance, Capital Markets, Project Finance and Project Development.
- The regional firm rankings for IFLR1000 Canada rank our Restructuring and Insolvency and M&A practices as top tier in Ontario and also recognizes our strength in Capital Markets and Banking and Finance.
- The Best Lawyers in Canada 2021 ranks 96 Goodmans lawyers, across 41 practice areas, and recognized 4 as "Lawyer of the Year". Goodmans is also named "Law Firm of the Year" for our Insolvency and Financial Restructuring Law practice.
Who’s Who Legal
- Who’s Who Legal: Canada 2020 recognizes 44 Goodmans lawyers across 14 practice areas, as among the best lawyers in Canada.
- Benchmark Canada: The Guide to Canada’s Leading Litigation Firms and Attorneys 2020 ranks Goodmans as Recommended in Ontario and also recognizes six of the firm’s litigators as “Litigation Stars”.