On July 8, 2020, the provincial government introduced new legislation (known as Bill 197) that would scale back the proposed community benefits charge authority, and related changes to parkland dedication and development charges, provided for in Bill 108 that was enacted just over year ago. Bill 197, an omnibus bill amending over 20 provincial statutes, also includes other legislative amendments affecting development in Ontario.
Please join members of the Goodmans municipal and planning law team to review how the legislation will affect aspects of the planning process in Ontario, including:
- Community benefits charges;
- Parkland dedication;
- Soft service development charges;
- Ministerial zoning order powers; and
- The environmental assessment process.
- Rob Howe, Partner, Goodmans LLP
- Matthew Lakatos-Hayward, Associate, Goodmans LLP
- Max Laskin, Associate, Goodmans LLP
Original Program Date:
July 28, 2020 8:00 AM
1.25 Substantive Hour
For more information, please email CPD@goodmans.ca.