Howard Wise at the Construction Law Superconference
|Area||Construction and Infrastucture|
The Canadian Institute's 20th Annual Construction Superconference
November 15 - 16, 2010
Marriott Bloor Yorkville Hotel
Monday November 15, 2010
10:30: Analyzing TERCON: Significant Implications for Your Tendering Practices
Speaker: Howard Wise, Partner, Goodmans LLP
This session will cover:
- Understanding the implications of this decision
- Has Tercon changed the law of tendering?
- Analyzing the new test for exclusion of liability clauses
- Determining the enforceability of exclusion of liability clauses
- How should tendering disputes be resolved in light of Tercon?
- Has Tercon changed the way in which tender documents need to be drafted?
- What needs to be included/excluded?
- Recognizing what to look out for
- Demystifying the Contract A/Contract B paradigm
- Deciding whether you should be looking to get out of Contract A altogether
- Knowing how to go about doing so